Butternut squash is an excellent food to include this autumn and into the winter months. It not only tastes delicious in soups and stews but also has numerous health benefits:
1. It’s high amounts of vitamin A, and it’s one of the top sources for alpha and beta carotene (especially great for eye health).
2. Squash is low in fat and contains a healthy amount of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats.
3. The vegetable’s energy-sustaining complex carbohydrates and B-vitamins help to balance blood sugar and its vitamin C content helps fight cold and flu.
2 tbsp butter
1 celery stalk
1 butternut squash
1 container (32ounce) bone broth or chicken stock
Coconut milk 1/2 cup
1. Roast the butternut squash for 40 minutes or until soft.
2. Melt the butter in a large pot, and cook the onion, celery, carrot for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3.Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables.
4.Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
5.Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth.
6.Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency.
7.add coconut milk
8.Season with salt and add nutmeg